Friday, April 5, 2013

HEROES IN THE NIGHT BOOK COVER!

Plus PRE-ORDER INFORMATION!

This is a proud day for me and I'm pleased to be able to release the cover of my book Heroes in the Night: Inside the Real Life Superhero Movement, a secret I've guarded as vigorously as a superhero's secret identity up until now. Here it is:


The photos, l-r, top-bottom: Seattle superhero Phoenix Jones (with myself in the background making an Alfred Hitchcock/ Stan Lee style cameo appearance) Milwaukee RLSH The Watchman, early RLSH prototype Terrifica, who patrolled bars in Manhattan, and Zetaman, of Portland, Oregon.

More book info:
Publication date: October 1, 2013, Chicago Review Press.
272 pages. 22 black and white photos, 25 color photos, 10 black and white illustrations.
Paperback: $16.95 (CAN $18.95)
E-pub/Adobe pdf/ Kindle: $13.99

Want to pre-order a copy?

Amazon link HERE

Barnes & Noble link HERE

Powell's link HERE

Independent Publishing Group link HERE (book description is up, but not pre-order option)

Information for Indiebound coming soon!

I've also set up my Goodreads author page, so please stop by. I'd be honored if you'd hit the "become a fan" button and add Heroes in the Night to your "to read" list. My Goodreads page is HERE

I'll be posting more updates as I get them and this summer the blog will swing back into action with some new Real Life Superhero profiles, a book excerpt, books news, and more!

2 comments:

  1. From what I've read so far, this book will be great!
    -Geist
    Www.geist_rlsh@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing about the Real Life Superhero Community, is that we're not some kind of 'Costumed Charity Movement' like some people tried to water it down in to. I've been working for years to try to help keep it be a REAL Superhero Community. Warriors, Crimefighters, Protectors, Saviors, Medics, Detective types. Not charity, activism, nor picking up garbage. There should be a clear difference between being a Superhero and a Good Samaritan. We're not defined by our image. We're defined by what we do. No, none of us are perfect, and we do what we can not just despite our imperfections but IN spite of them.

    Here are a couple of very relevant blog posts of what I mean.

    http://tothian.blogspot.com/2012/10/superheroes-are-real.html

    http://tothian.blogspot.com/2012/11/real-life-superhero-community-vs.html

    My voice and my message must be heard. The Warrior Spirit must be kept alive.

    ReplyDelete