Thursday, January 27, 2011

HERO PROFILE #60: Red Dragon


Operates out of: Seattle

Group affiliation: Rain City Superhero Movement

Weapons: Carries a wooden sword (called a bokken)

Activities: Patrols, hand outs, spreads info on missing children

Quote: "The reason I chose red is because it's the color of my kurtka and the rest of my fight gear. Also, red has a significance between me and my friends. The reason I chose the dragon is a little more private...but it is a symbol that the same friends and I carry."

Author's notes: Red Dragon has developed into a figure that has become an ambassador between his group, the Rain City Superheroes, and the larger RLSH movement. He also recently appeared next to his team mates Phoenix Jones and Buster Doe on a Good Morning America segment (HERE) and more media will appear in the near future.

6 comments:

  1. I love it when heroes are coy and secretive about catchy name pairings that are so common that they require a Wikipedia disambiguation page.

    Doesn't anyone Google this shit before picking out a name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's been quite the go-between in the last month or so, and i think has had a huge hand in massaging the difference bewteen factions. i've had a chance to meet him and he's a very grounded guy. hope to work with him again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mixed bag: He's definately an improvement over the New York Reavers and their homemade stabbing and cutting accessories. A wooden sword smells like "beating stick" though, but by far is much more agreeable. He's still unknown. Perhaps this is a good sign? No activities listed that are disagreeable.

    Perhaps superhero 2.0 has arrived.

    Now, if only we can upgrage the others from superhero 1.0 and beta.

    -Lord Malignance

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude, you're the coolest super hero ever.How's pheonix Jones. are you guys still partners?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Agent Beryllium,

    If you want the complicated version of my name, it comes from the Chinese meaning behind the color and the creature. I've been a martial artist since I was about 8, so it seemed fitting.

    @Everyone else,

    Thanks for the support!

    Sincerely,
    Red Dragon
    RCSM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the news clip of the RCSM go viral all the way up North in my neighborhood.

    I think that the masked costumes send out a positive message: people should not need to be personally recognized or rewarded to see the merits in helping their fellow citizens. Also, goes to show that we really don’t need to be a member of law enforcement to become more than passive bystanders.

    Much respect from Canada!

    ReplyDelete