Thursday, January 26, 2012

HERO PROFILE #85: Rock N Roll


Rock N Roll (left) and Night Bug. Photo by Gregg Simpson.

Operates out of: Oakland area of the East Bay

Team affiliation: California Initiative (CAI)

Married to: Night Bug (featured as Hero Profile #65)

Activities
: Patrols, security, charity events, needle clean ups

Quote: "I don't consider myself a hero. I'm a pacifist by nature. I'm just another person who's trying to make a difference whenever and wherever I can."

Author's notes: I was in the San Francisco area last week and got a chance to meet up with the California Initiative. I joined them as they went on a mission to seek and dispose of used heroin needles in the Mission area of SF. The group was very hospitable to me (as the Initiative as a whole always has), and I appreciate it greatly. Rock will be joining me and others on a radio show this afternoon, details to follow later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment