Sunday, September 19, 2010

SUPERHEROES ANONYMOUS 4: Treesong's Arrival

Note: This is the first of several articles about Superheroes Anonymous 4, a gathering of Real Life Superheroes being held in Portland, Oregon. This series, written by Treesong, is a collaborative project of Heroes in the Night and Song of the Trees.

I've arrived safe and sound in Portland, Oregon for Superheroes Anonymous 4. The conference really doesn't get started until tomorrow, so I don't have much to report yet. I did, however, want to write a brief entry about my arrival and first impressions.

When my bus arrived in town, I took Portland's lovely Max Light Rail out to a spot that would be more convenient for meeting up with the others. Zetaman met me in the parking lot of the Max station, and we went together to our first event: an informal barbeque and meet-up.

I feel the night went well. We spent a little time discussing logistics for the next two days, but mostly we just socialized and got to know each other better. I'd never met any of the others in person before, so I feel that eating together, and relaxing together, and being wacky and wild and real with each other, was a good way for me to start getting to know them.

I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy this weekend and enjoy working side by side with these people. Not everyone was able to make it into town in time for the barbeque, so there are still more people for me to meet. Even so, I like the fact that we all have serious reasons for being Real Life Superheroes, yet we can all have fun together too. It's good team bonding, and good preparation for the coming two days of very active working and learning.

With that said, I'm off to bed. Look forward to more news once the conference has officially started!

No comments:

Post a Comment